December 10, 2012


Hello,

WOOT CANCER FREE!! I'm so happy to hear that, congratulations Jocelyn and fam! Nothing like a miracle to help strengthen your testimony. Thanks to all those prayers, fasting, care and sacrifice my loved ones everywhere. J I hope you continue feeling better Jocelyn.

Sorry I'm writing so late, my companion and I had to travel to Chiclayo today, so we didn't have time in the morning to write, so after a little more than 6 hours on a bus we are finally here. It feels a little weird to be here after so long, Chilcayo is a little more modern and has its own Chiclayo vibe lol, but tomorrow we are traveling back to Jaen. A little tiring but we`re fineJ

This week was a little all over the place, but thankfully everything worked out. We had Pres Risso, Hna, Risso, Elder Camargo and his wife in Jaen for a special conference. It was great, we were all able to learn a lot and see how we can improve as a zone. Presidente Risso talked and highlighted the Doctrine of Christ, the gospel principles themselves, and how our purpose as missionaries is directly related to helping people live those principles. Elder Camargo spoke to us about a bunch of different things, like the importance of teaching the pure doctrine when we teach the commandments. The ¨What¨ informs, and the ¨Why¨ inspires. Instead of focusing on HOW we keep the Sabbath day holy,  we need to focus on the WHY. Why we really have this commandment, this Day for us to worship and devote out time in strengthening our relationship with our Father in Heaven. Or WHY we have the Law of Chastity, and the importance of using the power to create life how God wants. When we focus on the WHY, and teach the pure doctrine, the HOW will make a lot more sense. Those were some of the points that have had me thinking these past couple days, I think it can really help us reflect as members too. 
Sorry its a little short today, we dont have much time!

Well, I'm very very happy that you guys are doing well. I know that you are receiving too many blessings to count, and that the Lord is watching over you.(Cancer free? Perfect evidence) And that promise helps me know that you are all well, and helps me focus on what I'm doing. I appreciate your prayers, love, and support, I feel them everyday, and I hope you feel mine. Love ya tons! 

Elder Lonsdale.
PS, Elder Uriarte says Hi,
and remind me to tell you about the food mom lol