December 17, 2012

¡¡FELIZ NAVIDAD!!

Hello there my wonderfully awesome family, how is the Christmas season
treating you? (Sorry for not being able to write you Monday, we had a
change of pday this week because of our avitivity with the president. )I
hope all is well, is there snow? I tell people here when they ask that yes
there is snow in my country right now, and they are like ´WOW! A real white
christmas? Get outta town!¨ ok, maybe not quite like that…but Im sure you
get the Idea. Christmas season so far here has been pretty great. Nativity
scenes, some lights, our Christmas activity today with the mission
president and his wife, (That was a blast, we had out activity early in the
month due to the fact that we can't be with the majority of the missionaries
in Chiclayo for the big activity 25 because we are a little farther out
there.  (breath)) But it was a blast, good food,  funny skits, games,
presents. Etc etc. Where was I? oh yeah, navidad here, well I think its a
little harder to remember its christmas after years of snow, telling you
that its christmas time, but a tan or a sunburn work too. J

Oh before I forget,… this year we wont be able to have a `pre-call`, so I
won't be calling out of the blue like I have the past couple of times (Dad:
`Derek!? What the?!` haha) …. and we wont be having pday on Monday because
Presidente Risso wants to make sure we are proselyting all the time we can,
or doing service, and so our p-day will be on Tuesday the 25, the day where
working will be a little more difficult. SO. I hope we can make all the
arrangements now…my companion is going to call his family on skype at 4pm
peruvian time, and I am going to call you guys at 5pm peruvian time. I'm not
exactly sure what the difference is over there with daylight savings and
stuff, but I'm sure you guys know J We will be able to talk for an hour. 
I have forgotten, but I will get a chance to check my email on Tuesday to
grab that info from you guys and see if you guys have anything more to add
to the plans before I call you…..how does that sound? Great.  5pm, in Peru,
1 hour, I will check my email before I call. Im excited to see your faces
and talk with you. J

Well I think that is all, about the call…. This week…..went well, it as an
interesting week. We didn’t have much time working in our area, and we did
lots of traveling, 6 hours to Chiclayo, and back, and then after one day me
and my companion traveled to an area called Chachapoyas, about 3 hours from
Jaen. (funny story, they told us that Chachapoyas is cold, and to bring
sweaters when we came. I, being all full of Orgullo, was like pfft, cold?
Im from Canada. So I didn’t bring a sweater or anything. Im not sure if
just being in HOT areas for the past couple of months broke me, Or If it
was just really cold in chachapoyas, because it was COLD there haha, I
haven’t been cold like that in a long time lol) anyways…. I´ll leave some
other stuff to talk about next week lol.

Please thank Nana, Gerry Clark, and G G Mendenhall for the overgenerous
money gifts, I really appreciate it. Its about time to buy some new clothes
haha
gotaa go