November 26, 2012


Hey family,

I'm very happy that everything that happened this week was executed with success! Sounds like it was a good time. I can imagine that all of dads workmates were surprised, after seeing a handsome, professional, serious, successful, nice guy rock out like an 80s rock star with long hair. Yup, Hes MY dad.  J

We had an interesting week, but some ups and sideways and ending with a very unexpected twist…(I'll get to that one later). But we learned how astutely frustrating the adversary can be. Its funny how some things just HAPPEN to come up so they can't meet with us, or how this person just had to stop by the house with a really important piece of business right when we are there trying to teach something that we think this investigator needs. Frustrating, yes. But it teaches us a little more patience, and that's always good right?

This week our eternigator, William, finally made it, and isn't an investigator anymore! It was a very beautiful service with those members that have been with him, cheering him on for a long time. And see that he had a good support system helping US feel more comfortable and secure that he is going to be in good hands, and we know that it was really good for HIM to see that he was going to be taken care of, with the help of these members. I always think that baptisms of these people who have been investigating the church for a long time are a little bit funny, because after all that time, waiting, worrying, when they finally do it there is this ¨Well that wasn't that hard……¨feeling that you can see in their eyes, and as their conversion increases with the evident blessings of the Holy Ghost, that feeling turns more into a ¨Now I get it….¨ And seeing their testimony grow more makes you happy. And Happiness is a HUGE Blessing.

Well, this week we have transfers. And the big surprise was that I am being transferred. But not too far, I'm getting transferred to Jaen, the ¨big city¨, about an hour away. Elder Allred, a good missionary friend and somebody I look up to just went home, finishing his mission, so as part of the transfers I am taking his place in Jaén, with my new companion Elder Uriarte, from Bolivia. Yes it was unexpected, after being in my other areas for about six months, leaving Bagua Grande so soon feels weird, but I know that Jaén will be a great experience. I´ll have to cook for myself for the first time mom!! Are you proud of me!? Well, breakfast and dinner……sometimes :P After saying goodbye and taking pictures with members,as we were eating dinner one of the boys in the family was taking pictures with my camera, and trying to erase what he had taken, (due to the English camera) accidentally deleted all the pictures, 580, that I had since my last area……yeah…..a little bit of a hard attack, but thankfully we were able to recover a lot. HUGE blessing again haha-

Hey! The package arrived last week, thanks so much! I loved the letters and the church magazines, and the pension family loved the pop rocks and the fizz candy. (We ( I mean the pension kids) thought it would be funny to feed some poprocks to a blind dog…..and we(they) we right) Anyways… But the temple issue was amazing! It came just in time for our planning of a lesson with Cesar and His family about temples, awesome timing mom J.  And…Tanner Strauss and Dallin Low´s papers are in?! Holy wow, that's crazy. That's awesome, we need more! Send them on over here to Peru. But it doesn't really matter, in the end the whole WORLD needs the gospel. Let me know where they are off to when you know please, that would be great.

Well family I love you tons!