January 21, 2013


Hello there,

I'm sorry I didn't write yesterday, we had a big p-day and we didn't get back in time to write, so we have permission to write for a second this morning before our missionary meetings. For a long time we haven't gone to any big tourist sites, and the missionaries have really been wanting to, so this weekend we did all the planning and arrangements to go to Kuelap. Kuelap is a huge ancient city up in the mountains. Made thousands of years of ago and took about 800 years to make. I'm sure you can look up some pictures on the internet. Its kinda like a mini Machu Pichu. It takes about 6 hours to get there, so we got up at 3am and left at 4. 12 hours in a traveling van with 18 missionaries ( the elders in chachapoyas didn't go) was a little long but Kuelap was amazing. HUGE; and so old, and so cool. Just imagining the ancient civilizations made my imagination go wild. Can you imagine the stories those huge walls could tell? wow. I'm sure we would hear the Book of Mormon lol. It started raining pretty hard, and being waaaaaay up there in these ancient ruins in the rain... awesome. There was a tourist from Canada there, I had a little awkward chat with them, that was cool, they actually grew up in Edmonton. The first white person Ive talked to in English that isn't a missionary, here in my mission. Lol.

Well, Im sorry for the lack of email, I really am, but next week will be better :) Love you all so much!

Elder Lonsdale