January 14, 2013


Hey there,
A little bit of a hectic week again this week with the transfers, missionaries leaving in buses arriving here at the buss station. Woot,sometimes its a little crazy because missionaries have to stay here in Jaen with us in our apt or rooms of other missionaries because we cant travel at night. Its fun being with the other missionaries and spending time with them because when they are a distance away we don't see them as much as we would like. Me and my companion did some more traveling this past week, we accompanied an elder with his new companion to chachapoyas, and to do another training for the new month of Enero. Oh yeah, about that, before I forget, lol, me and my companion are the zone leaders here in Jaen, since November, when I changed areas from Bagua Grande to Jaen. I had had some time as district leader starting in San Pedro, and now I'm here serving the missionaries in Jaen. It has been a huge learning experience. Learning how to love a big group of missionaries and try to help and motivate them to achieve their purpose and have success. It really is true, the fact that a mission prepares you for life. I found out through some hard companionships how essential communication, humility, and love is to make a relationship work. And now, making decisions with somebody to help a group of people in what they need. Talking about how we can help the zone better, how we can be better examples, how we can help each missionary be more obedient etc etc, its like a family, lol. I'm not saying my companion and I are a married couple, but I'm learning how to work together like one :) But that's why we have been traveling so much.  Its really great to be able to visit the elders in their  areas when they are at and help them however we can. Its a lot of time in a car or bus but the view is always amazing, some places are jaw dropping, deep in the green Peruvian mountains, woot. I try to take pictures, but I'm sorry, they don't to it justice. You will just have to come see for yourself someday, but don't worry, I will be more than come along and show you around :) As for your question mom, we don't drive. Its a mission rule,kinda sad lol so when we travel its always in bus, van, or a travel car.
I am the only Canadian in the mission. For me, that is a testimony  that our mission calls are by revelation, another proof that I am supposed to be here in Peru, that this mission is for me haha. But yes, the jokes are abundant at times haha. Oddly enough mostly from the latino missionaries, joking that Canada is another state, and that I'm from the states. I think it started from some american elders but the latinos have a lot of fun with it. One elder asked if it was true that there are more cows than people in Canada, so that has been the most recent. It can be pretty funny at times, lol, and I laugh along with them. 
Grandparents to Hawaii? That's awesome, I hope they have a blast, they deserve it.  And Daniel with braces =cool. Daniel with attitude= not so cool haha. A little boy with a big attitude. We will have to do something about that lol. And tell Krista that she will have to teach me to ski some day.
Well family, I'm so grateful for your love, prayers and support. I cant be there to show you my gratitude, so I show my thanks and love through my work. Thanks for being such an amazing example and strength for me. I know that this is the work of the Lord and that He loves each and everyone of us so much. And finding that love can change someones life, I've seen it. I love you all!
Elder Lonsdale