January 28, 2013


Hey fam  of mine

Sorry I'm a little late today, we  had to travel to Chiclayo for the zone training for the month of Feb.  We also traveled to an area called San Ignacio a couple hours away to do some baptismal interviews on Friday. Wow, I never thought I´d travel so much, I feel like a rock star or something haha. So this past week was a bit of a blur. 

But we are teaching this awesome young man named Ronald, a friend of some members here in the ward. A really friendly, bright kid who has so many desires to know the truth. He has this desire to learn from the Book of Mormon like I've never seen from an investigator before. He is so captured by the story of Nephi and his family and said he can’t stop reading he enjoys it so much. That really helped me see even more the value the scriptures have for us, how much we can learn from and enjoy the scriptures if we have the right attitude. I love trying to see the gospel from the eyes of an investigator, it really gives you a whole new perspective that helps you help them understand it better. Also, after we invited him to pray if what he is reading about is true, he told us about a powerful, quiet spiritual experience that helped him feel that what he is learning about really is the truth. It strengthened my testimony even more that anyone who really wants to know can get an answer. Not from the missionaries, or their member friends, but from God, through His spirit. It’s a promise, and Our Father doesn’t lie. J  But the only impediment that might cause some bumps in the road might be some permission from parents. We some really great help from member friends of his parents, so I’ll let you know how that goes, thanks for helping with your prayers!  

That’s one hard thing about traveling a bunch, we don’t get the time in our area with our investigators like we would like. But its ok, we just have to learn to use our time even more efficiently and make sure we are keeping our diligence levels up there.

It sounds like you guys have had some crazy weekends, and will have….haha. Baptisms for the dead? Daniels first time? Wow! That’s awesome! I'm so proud/happy/jealous. I miss the temple so much, what an amazing blessing, the Calgary temple. And it sounds like you guys had a really great crowd of youngins over for dinner lol, sounds like a blast. 

Well I have to go, sorry for the little email! I love you all sooooooo much!

Elder Lonsdale
PS I remember that talk mom that we had in Hawaii, I was thinking about it this past week, thanks for helping me understand :)