January 1, 2013


Hola mi querida familia
¡¡FELIZ AÑO NUEVO 2013!!

It was so great to be able to see and talk to you guys on Christmas. I enjoyed hearing about your lives and whats been going on, and it was also great to get to know some people a little bit better that I didn't know before, like Eloise and Brett.  Technology is really a huge blessing. I hope you had and an awesome Christmas in the snowy mountains. We had a great Christmas here in the sun, and talking to our families was the highlight. You guys have this interesting power over missionaries. Well, families in general. A power when used right can motivate and inspire a missionary to work harder in the Lord´s work and try to do his very best. And when used differently can make a missionary have his head in a different place other than the area where he is serving. But all in all it really depends on the missionary and where he wants to put his thoughts. But don't worry, you make it easy for me to keep my thoughts on where Im at, because I know that you´re right there  cheering me on in what Im doing and why im here. Thanks family :)

Well this week was a little, well, tough in respect to the work. Hardly anybody had time to listen to us, due to family being in town, traveling, being drunk, doing other things, etc etc. But that's just what happens this time of year with Christmas and new years being so close together. Our New Years was pretty chill. The whole stake had a big party but we had to be in our rooms at 9:30, so we had our own little party lol. With snacks, card games (SPAZ –very funny) and watching the fireworks, and a normal pday today. Hardly anything is open so we finally found an internet café open that's why we are a little late today.   

Things here in our area have been a little different in comparison to the rest of my mission. Me and my companion are often traveling to receive training, and then to give training etc. For example this week we are going to Chiclayo and wont be coming back until Friday. This time out of our area takes away a lot of time with investigators we are working with and results in a slower spiritual progression. So I´d love to put a cool experience here… but I'm sorry but that will have to wait.  But I'm super glad to hear from Uncle Deryle and Zach! That was great. But it makes me a little sad that I don't have time to write EVERYBODY I know and tell them how much I love them and share neat uplifting thoughts and experiences….but alas. I'm trying and I'm praying for all my family and friends, I hope you feel my love.

Well family, Happy New Year, 2013 will be a great year if we make worthy, specific goals and have the true desires to achieve them. Keep the faith!

Elder Lonsdale
PS: Unexpected mission call? COOLEST present ever.
PPS: Zach teaching in the MTC!!?? SO COOL, dream job.